Re: Experience with allowing Home Based Businesses with Clients       reply
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 07:27:40 -0800 (PST)
> If your community allows home-based businesses, have there been any
> problems?... if so, what advice would you offer on how to avoid such
> problems.

Minimal — both with therapists who had only a few clients. One had a direct
entrance from the street. It wasn’t a problem.

One thing is the number of clients. Many who work from home may have a few —
2-3 a week so you may not even notice. When we think “business,” we think
constant flow. Should home businesses only be so lucky. So does she really have
20 clients a week? That would be a lot of wear and tear on her business.

Another way to look at it —I have a friend who consults on taxes and does tax
returns. He said his business really became viable when he moved out of his
home. He grew to a full-time staff of two and hiring additional tax preparers
during tax season very quickly.

A home setting isn’t as comfortable for clients and is the mark of an amateur
for many people.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines